INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
SCROLL DOWN FOR PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE, DRAW and other documents.
PLEASE NOTE : The provisional timetable is subject to change between the Draw and the Regatta.
Please check back for updates during the week before the Regatta, and watch TWITTER for news (including a race results feed) during the regatta.
You should also read the Competitor Information document so you have a hassle-free day.
ENTRIES CLOSED at Noon on SATURDAY 23 JULY 2016
The regatta course is approximately 800m in length, running upstream towards Henley over part of the famous Henley Royal Regatta course, much of which was also used for the 1908 and 1948 Olympic Games.
There are two divisions: one in the morning, the other in the afternoon. This means you can comfortably race to a final in two events during the day, making the most of your trip to Henley. But doubling up within a division is entirely at your risk, and we do not adjust the racing timetable to accommodate it.
The morning division will run from about 9am to lunchtime, the afternoon division from lunchtime to about 6.30pm. Precise timing will depend on the entry.
A. * RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRIES
1. No competitor will be allowed to double up in IM2 and Novice Sculls
2. Minimum number of entries. If there is only one entry it will be placed in the next highest Senior category. If there are less than THREE entries for any Masters category, they will be combined with the next youngest category, and a handicap will be applied. State clearly when you enter on BROE if you do not wish to be re-allocated in this way.
3. Competitors who enter more than one event in a Division do so at their own risk, and no-one (including coxswains) will be allowed to enter more than two events.
4. Doubling up (including boat sharing) within a Division must be clearly notified before the closing date for entries.
5. Mixed crews must comprise an equal number of male and female competitors (excluding coxes).
B. SUBMITTING ENTRIES
1. Entries will only be accepted via BROE, and close on Saturday 23 July at Noon.
2. Primary Events can be entered via BROE.
3. Payment should be received by the closing date for entries, and can be via BROE, or by cheques payable to Henley Town & Visitors’ Regatta sent to the address below. Unpaid entries will not be included in the Draw.
4. All competitors must be registered with British Rowing.
If there is a possibility of a change of status
between the time you enter and the date of the regatta, make this clear on BROE
when you enter so we can allow for it in the draw.
C. THE DRAW
1. The draw will take place at Henley Rowing Club on Sunday 24 July.
2. The Committee reserves the right to refuse an entry without giving a reason.
3. Parking passes will be issued based on the size of each club's entry. Vehicles towing boat trailers will be admitted free; all other vehicles will be charged.
1. You must register on regatta day at least 40 minutes before the time of your first race.
2. All competitors must bring their Racing Licences with them to the regatta.
3. All boats must carry a 6-digit id in accordance with BR Rule of Racing 2-3-8-e.
4. Coxes must provide their own deadweight.
Any questions regarding entries can be made to:
Chris Boothroyd, Fern Cottage, 8 Baskerville Road, Sonning Common, Reading, Berks RG4 9LS.
Telephone 07816 514013, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRIES CLOSED at Noon ON SATURDAY 23 JULY
Competitors please note that no vehicle or trailer is to drive over, or park on,
the HRR Boat Tent area to the left of the main vehicle entrance.
Click here to open a map showing the location of the Regatta.
2017 Regatta >